North Dakota Department of Public Instruction (NDDPI) contracts data services and fulfillment of data requests through the North Dakota University System Institutional Research Department (NDUS-IRD).
• All research requests must comply with Code of Federal Regulations, Title 45, Public Welfare, Department of Health and Human Services, Part 46, Protection of Human Subjects (2009) (https://www.hhs.gov/ohrp/regulations-and-policy/regulations/45-cfr-46/index.html).
• NDUS-IRD and NDDPI respect established school and district policies, procedures, and protocols regarding use of institutional, student, and personnel data for research purposes. In cases where requested data is specific to a school or school district, the data requestor may be referred to contact that school/district directly. The purpose of this is to ensure that research regarding an individual school/district is sanctioned by the said school/district.
• NDUS-IRD is not obligated to fulfill data requests for undergraduate or graduate coursework or research, including master’s thesis and doctoral dissertation research.
• NDUS-IRD will not fulfill research requests for student level data, either identified or de-identified.
• When data is provided by NDUS-IRD for a research request, NDUS-IRD will not be responsible for any aspect of the data analysis related to the research. The individual requesting the data will be responsible for all corresponding data analysis.
North Dakota K-12 data is publicly available at the following websites:
Last Update: 09/26/2017