Project Quick Links
December 2018 News
Campus Solutions 9.2 Advisory Group
First Advisory Group Meeting Held November 15th!
During the first Advisory Group meeting, members received an overview of the CS 9.2 Project and got their first glimpse at the new look and feel. They all were given access into the 9.2 Demo environment to check it out for themselves. Go to the 9.2 Advisory Group Info Quick Link above or here to view the recorded presentation and meeting materials. The next meeting is scheduled for Jan 31st. The Advisory Group’s role is to be the campus voice on the Campus Solutions 9.2 project. The Project’s Communications Subcommittee is also still working on the best way to include faculty and students in initial design feedback.
Project Survey – Results Available!
We received 81 responses to the Campus Solutions 9.2 Upgrade Project Survey! Click here to view the survey results on:
- Communication Preferences
- Project Knowledge / 9.2 Features
- Current Methods for Getting Product Information / Help
- Thoughts on a July “Go-Live” Timeline
- Training Preferences
- Time Commitment for Testing
- Desired CS 9.2 Improvements
- Definition of Project Success
- Concerns and Expectations
- Project Priorities
Project Status – Development (DEV) Environment Now Available!
The Development (DEV) Environment has been released to the Programmers and Business Analysts so they can begin reapplies and preliminary testing. They will use this environment to also review new features and functionality using NDUS data. Various issues have delayed the project but progress to date in DEV seems promising and it is hoped to make up the time lost due to delays. At this time, information is still being gathered during this “Discovery” phase of the project to come up with the detailed timeline of tasks needed for the “Execution” phase of the project. As of this moment, we still are targeting a July 12, 2019 Go-Live date.
Campus Solutions 9.2 Tentative Timeline
At this time, we are still in the planning stages of the project and many details are still unknown. Please note that until the Discovery phase is complete (estimated January 2019), the execution phase timeline is only an estimate. Due dates will be governed by the tasks and estimated times needed to complete the project. However, we would like to provide a tentative timeline for campus planning purposes:
- September 2018
- Initial communication to campus users and User Groups seeking volunteers for the Campus Solutions 9.2 Advisory Group
- Open up the Campus Solutions 9.2 Upgrade Project Survey
- October 2018
- Volunteers recruited for the CS 9.2 Advisory Group during User Group meetings
- Campus Solutions 9.2 Upgrade Project Survey closes
- November 2018 – Kick off meeting of the CS 9.2 Advisory Group
- November – January – CS 9.2 Advisory Group look and design feedback and initial testing
- February – July – Campus End User Testing and Acceptance (additional details will be provided as we progress)
- Weekend of July 12th, 2019 – Go live with Campus Solutions 9.2 in Production
- Weekend of July 26th, 2019 – BACK UP Go live with Campus Solutions 9.2 in Production