Messages placed in the Deleted Items folder will be permanently deleted after 30 days. So beginning October 21, the Deleted Items folder will only contain email messages and other items such as tasks and appointments that have been deleted within the past 30 days. If you don’t want those older items deleted, here are two options:
1. Create a new folder and designate it for messages you might be hesitant about deleting. Manually drag those messages there.
2. Automatically archive the Deleted Items folder from the client version of Outlook. To do this:
– Right click on the Deleted Items folder and choose Properties.
– Click the AutoArchive tab.
– Select Archive this folder using these settings: Clean out items older than 3 Weeks and Move old items to:
– Browse to select a location on your computer.
– Choose Apply and OK.